Today, a project for the long vacant lot at the corner of Forsyth and Brentwood Boulevard in Clayton was revealed. This site was formerly plagued with a proposal for a Westin Hotel. This proposal brings 286 Apartments to the faster growing Downtown Clayton by 2020. This development also brings Street level Retail to Clayton which could help spur a Night life and weekend activities.
Currently, once the work day ends in Clayton, and traffic clears, the City becomes a Ghost Town. But the increase in Residential Units proposed and under construction looks to turn this around. Clayton's Downtown has out paced St. Louis' Downtown in proposals for construction over the past few years. One reason is because of Clayton's lack of Abandoned Buildings like Downtown St. Louis.
Because of this shortage (which is a good thing) of abandoned buildings, Clayton has a demand for new things to be built like this and Centene for Example. Not only is this demand going to push the amount of Retail Space in Downtown Clayton, it could also help bring a night life to the Downtown.
Upon this building getting underway, the Downtown Clayton area will carry a majority of the Construction in the County.
Other Information Regarding this Project...
- The Tower will have a Parking Garage attached. The Property is "L" shaped.
- There will be 8k SF of Retail Space
- And a Roof Top Amenity Deck
- It is actually 24 Floors if you count the 13th Floor but 25 anyway
- This is officially the first proposed HighRise in the State of Missouri in 2017.
- This project will also be the 5th HighRise Proposal for Clayton and 6th Overall (Centene Phases 2,4 and 5 [4 Towers], 212 South Meramec and this) and if you include the on hold Apogee Tower and The Montgomery Tower, this is Number 9.
Below is the original proposal concept for a Westin Hotel on the site.
The Developer has filed paperwork with the City of Clayton regarding the project. Here are the changes...
- Cost has went up to $100 Million
- Better Site Plan
- More Scale Renderings
- Better understanding of the project.
Below is a gallery showcasing the project.