My Visit to Downtown Saint Louis today was very productive in getting pictures for my visions and other things. When down there, I saw a change since the last time I visited in August. More stores were appearing. That shows something. Downtown is coming back. Will it be as strong as it was before? Maybe not because of the rise of crime in the city, no one wants to go down there. That is where my visions come into play. The areas Downtown has gained stores is Olive Street, Locust Street, and Washington Avenue. Most of the stores are Jewelers and, occasionally some clothing and accessory stores show up. What a great time it is to be in Downtown Saint Louis. The city is growing and everyone can see that. Maybe the development from Central West End will move to the Downtown area and we can see a city wide Renaissance like Kansas City had. So is a revival coming? Yes, but not as big of a Grand Scale like Central West End but slowly but steady, but it is coming.
Things to look for in Revivals...
1. Constant Renovations of abandoned buildings
2. More people emerge in Downtown
3. Retail and Restaurants gain momentum
4. Constant Road and Sidewalk work to make the experience better
5. Increased Police presence to make visitors return to the Downtown area
6. Increased Large Scale projects begin to take place as a common feature
Below are pictures of Downtown Saint Louis streets where stores need to come to.