By. Chris Stritzel
As we all know, Restoration St. Louis built a 5 floor, one hundred unit apartment building in the Grove at 4400 Manchester Avenue. It was their first ground up construction project. They have been known for renovation and restoring structures in Davenport Iowa and in St. Louis. Currently, they are working on restoring the 705 Olive Street building in Downtown into Hotel St. Louis and some apartments. That project is moving along nicely with new window installation nearly complete on the structure. Now, there is this, 4215 Arco Avenue in the Grove (Forest Park Southeast).
This 4 floor, 95 unit apartment project will demolish some less desirable buildings for a new building that looks old. This has several good aspects that will make the development worth while. Those are…
- Sunken parking garage accessible only from the alley. No new curb cut!
- Only a few feet away from the Manchester strip in the Grove.
- Adds to the continued revitalization in the Grove and the formation of a “skyline” for the Grove.
- 95 new apartments ranging in size from studios to 3 bedroom units will add more residents to the already fast growing neighborhood.
The name of the project is Arbor on Arco. This project is about 3 blocks away from Restoration St. Louis’ 4400 Manchester Project. We should see more on this soon. Rent will be within the same range as 4400 Manchester (Market Rate Apartments) so $725-$1850 a month for studios - 2 bedrooms. Three bedrooms could hover around $2000. Construction should begin promptly this May after 4400 Manchester begins to fill up and Park Central Development gives the green light of the project and building permits are issued.
Other Things Going into or Planned for the Grove Right Now
- 4400 Manchester is wrapping up nicely.
- 4101 Manchester has applied for a building permit but no word on a ground breaking
- Chroma (Formerly Chouteau Grove) looks really nice and is wrapping up nicely
- Core at Newstead has two homes complete out of 50 and two apartment buildings. No word on those project’s expected completion
- Adam’s Grove affordable housing should be complete by this Summer
- Woodward Lofts
- Greater Goods HQ
- Missouri Health Association HQ
- Vista Place (Lofts and Townhomes in a Courtyard concept)
- And now Arbor on Arco
All of these are rebuilding the neighborhood for the future! Which is a great thing!