North Saint Louis was once a very nice part of Saint Louis. It was formerly home to the Sportsman's Park and several other City Icons. Now it is one of Americas worst neighborhoods. Where did it go wrong? Discrimination problems between whites and blacks led to white people fleeing to city and out to the county which in turn led to the end of North Saint Louis and the Population Decline. Here is my plan to fix North Saint Louis in the best possible way. I want North Saint Louis to turn into Saint Louis Hills. If done right, it is possible. Here a 9 step plan to bring North Saint Louis Back. I believe this could
work better then Paul McKees Project in the Long Run.
1. Wreck all homes that are abandoned or to hard to fix. (If older people want to stay in their homes they stay same with others)
2. Rerouted streets and demolish alley ways.
3. Replace all streets and street lights (lights would be LEDS and poles would be different)
4. Build new homes in gated communities with security at ALL entrances.
5. Homes will have larger yards to keep crime from happening in Alleys and abandoned lots
6. Tree Lined Streets
7. Build 3 Commerce Centers at Jefferson/Cass, Hodiamont/Page, MO115/Union/Kingshighway
8. Reopen the area with increased police presence.
9. Homes would be affordable but large enough. People who damage homes will be evicted.